The security and confidentiality of your material is Shred Aware’s highest concern, and our policies for handling sensitive material include, but are not limited to, the following practices:
- Shred Aware employees undergo third-party drug testing, criminal history and employment history checks, both upon hire and on a continuing basis.
- All employees sign a Confidentiality Agreement to assure all customer media and information is kept secure and confidential.
- Upon hire, employees undergo extensive training on Shred Aware’s security policies and procedures as well as continuing education on an ongoing basis.
- Shred Aware’s warehouse is secured 24/7, even during business hours, and our warehouse is monitored by an extensive security and surveillance system.
- All destruction machines undergo regular quality control checks.
- All warehouse visitors must sign in, and a Shred Aware employee accompanies each visitor at all times. This policy applies to everyone— customers, subcontractors, family, friends and vendors, or anyone performing work or repairs.