NAID AAA Certification
Shred Aware received its NAID AAA Certification for Mobile and Plant-Based Operations endorsed for Paper/Printed Media, Computer Hard Drive and Non-Paper Media Destruction on March 6, 2014.
About the NAID AAA Certification Program
The NAID AAA Certification Program is a voluntary program for NAID member companies providing information destruction services. Applicants are audited for mobile and/or plant-based operations in paper or printed media, micromedia, computer hard drive destruction, and/or computer hard drive sanitization.
Why is it important to use a NAID certified company?
- NAID sets the standards for the information destruction industry. NAID AAA Certification is a comprehensive audit program that helps organizations meet laws and regulations requiring protection of confidential customer information.
- NAID’s certification program is recognized by thousands of private and governmental organizations around the world.
- NAID auditors have Certified Protection Professional accreditation from ASIS International.
- NAID auditors verify that protocols are in place to ensure the security of confidential material throughout all stages of the destruction process.
- An extensive, three-level background screening process verifies that no individual with a known history of related crimes will be handling confidential material.
- A comprehensive unannounced audit program means that certified companies may receive an unannounced audit on any day, at any time.
- The Certification Review Board tracks reports of non-compliance and takes immediate remedial action to bring companies back into compliance. Repeat or serious infractions will result in fines and may result in removal of certification.